The Francisco Godia Foundation, Barcelona, inaugurated its venue at the end of 2008 in the former Garriga Nogués mansion, a building constructed between 1899 and 1905 by Enric Sagnier Villavechia. This Modernista house, with its spectacular marble staircase, stained glass windows, mouldings and paintings, architectural elements that provide lively evidence of the lifestyles of the Catalan bourgeoisie in the 1900s, has been restored and rehabilitated by the architect Jordi Garcés to transform it into a modern exhibition space with a surface area of 2,700 m², in keeping with the large collection that it houses. Its permanent collection allows visitors to view over 260 works, which have been chronologically ordered from the 12th century until today. The collection specialises in medieval art, ceramics, Modernista drawings and paintings and art from the 20th and 21st centuries. Displayed in a special area are the collection's real treasures: various Romanesque Virgin Marys, a "Mare de Déu de la Llet" (Virgin Mary Nursing Jesus), Jaume Huguet's "Mary Magdalene", Alejo de Vahía's "Pietà", works by Luca Giordano and Zurbarán, modern creations by Sorolla, Nonell, Mir, Casas, Gimeno, Picasso, Miró, Tàpies and Barceló and a specially made outdoor installation by Cristina Iglesias.